- What is Hoosac School’s academic program like?
- Where is Hoosac School located?
- Are AP courses available at Hoosac School?
- What sports are offered at Hoosac School?
- How many students join Hoosac School each year?
- What is the average GPA/SSAT score of applicants that are offered admission to Hoosac School?
- What is a typical day like at Hoosac School?
- Does Hoosac School have class on Saturday?
- What is there to do on weekends?
- How does academic advising work?
- What college counseling resources are provided for students?
- Is there a dress code at Hoosac School?
Hoosac School’s academic program focuses on educating the entire student: academically, athletically, socially as well as spiritually. It is Hoosac's mission to develop enthusiastic learners with creative minds and strong moral compasses who are ready to handle college and life with intelligence and grace.
Our school fields competitive teams in Tennis, Boy’s Hockey, Girl’s Hockey, Boy’s Basketball, Girl’s Basketball, Boy’s Soccer, Girl’s Soccer, Girl’s Volleyball, Cross Country, Track & Field, Boy’s Lacrosse, Girl’s Lacrosse, Baseball and Softball. We also have a wide variety of non-competitive teams and offer Lifeguard and CPR certification.
Students are typically in academic classes from 8:30 until 2:15. After classes, students partake in the Work Job Program until 3:00. Sports go until about 4:30 and dinner begins at 6:00. Students have a study hall period from 7-9. Classes are half day on Wednesday and Saturday due to athletic travel.
Hoosac has a college counseling center where students are taught to use Naviance, a web-based application tool which allows students and families the ability to streamline the college research and application process. Hoosac also hosts college visits weekly. Our number one goal is to help students gain admittance to their number one choice.
Yes, the dress code is based upon neatness, cleanliness and good taste. All boys are to be clean-shaven. Prefects and VIth Formers have been given responsibility by the Headmaster to ensure that all students are dressed properly. At no time are hats allowed to be worn inside buildings.
Boys must wear a shirt and tie with a blazer daily. Girls must wear a blouse with either a blazer, jacket, or cardigan sweater. Khakis or slacks with dress shoes are a must. Wednesday and Saturday are casual dress, meaning students can wear a collared shirt.