Why Give to Hoosac?
Your donations enable us to recruit a talented and diverse student body, retain dedicated educators, enhance our facilities, continue to build competitive academic programs and ensure the next generation of students receive a well-rounded Hoosac School experience. Simply put, your gifts make Hoosac possible.
Whether you are considering a gift to our Annual Fund or helping us reach a goal for one of our Capital Campaigns, every donation, small or large, matters. We thank you in advance for your generosity and support. If you have any questions or would like more information regarding the many ways to give to Hoosac, please contact us at email@example.com or 518-686-7331.
- A Deed of Gift
- The Ann Gray Parshall & Jane & Ralph Barrow Memorial Fund for the Arts at Hoosac School
- Giving to Endowment
- The Hoosac School Bolza Trust
- Make a Gift to a Capital Project
- Make a Gift of a Securities or Stock
- Matching Gifts
- Planned Giving or Estate Gifts
- Real Estate Gifts
- The Reverend Meredith B. Wood Foundation Scholarship Fund
- Securities or Stock Transfer
- Wotkyns Society
Seeded by Trustee William W. Parshall II '59 in memory of his wife, Ann Gray Parshall, this fund is designed to underwrite a lecture series, enabling the school to invite eminent guest speakers and performers in a variety of fields. Ann was a trustee and the mother of Marbie Parshall Tarburton, class of '88.
Endowment funds help ensure a school's future. This is investment capital set aside to protect the school during times of economic instability; only the interest can be used.
- General Endowment Fund: The proceeds from this fund supports ongoing operations or other specified purposes. Bequests to the
WotkynsSociety are appropriated to the endowment fund.
- Endowment Projects: If you wish to participate in an endowment project, Please contact the Headmaster at 518-686-7331 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scholarship Endowments: To contribute to a scholarship fund, contact Hoosac School.
Bequests are respectfully recognized and valued. Please contact us at 518-686-7331 or email@example.com. A donor may
- Your Will - Naming Hoosac in your will is a splendid way to make a substantial contribution that may not have been possible in your lifetime.
- A Living Trust - Establish a trust in Hoosac's name and receive income from that trust until you are deceased, at which point Hoosac would receive the principle.
- Life Insurance - Donate a life insurance policy to Hoosac and take a tax deduction for the current value of the policy. The school will eventually receive the proceeds. Meanwhile, your premium payments may qualify as charitable contributions.
A donor may contribute various types of real property to Hoosac School, including a primary residence, vacation home, farm, commercial building, subdivision lots, undeveloped property, or a fractional interest in
Named after Hoosac's Rector-Headmaster from 1941-1957, The Rev. Meredith B. Wood, this Foundation was established in 1999 by Keith Adams '54 and John Pulsifer '54 in order to provide scholarships to current Hoosac students who are the embodiment of those qualities Father Wood instilled in his students.