Why Give to Hoosac?
Your donations enable us to recruit a talented and diverse student body, retain dedicated educators, enhance our facilities, continue to build competitive academic programs and ensure the next generation of students receive a well-rounded Hoosac School experience. Simply put, your gifts make Hoosac possible.
Whether you are considering a gift to our Annual Fund or helping us reach a goal for one of our Capital Campaigns, every donation, small or large, matters. We thank you in advance for your generosity and support. If you have any questions or would like more information regarding the many ways to give to Hoosac, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 518-686-7331.
- Annual Fund
- Capital Project
- The Reverend Meredith B. Wood Foundation Scholarship Fund
- Planned Giving or Estate Gifts
- Matching Gifts
- Securities or Stock Transfer
- Real Estate Gifts
- A Deed of Gift
- The Ann Gray Parshall & Jane & Ralph Barrow Memorial Fund for the Arts at Hoosac School
- The Hoosac School Bolza Trust
- Giving to Endowment
The Annual Fund is one of the most critical funding sources for Hoosac School. The fund bridges the gap between tuition and operating costs by providing money for academic and athletic programs, campus improvements, financial aid, extracurricular activities, and teaching excellence. It is the primary means by which alumni, parents, faculty, staff and friends provide yearly financial support to the school.
Named after Hoosac's Rector-Headmaster from 1941-1957, The Rev. Meredith B. Wood, this Foundation was established in 1999 by Keith Adams '54 and John Pulsifer '54 in order to provide scholarships to current Hoosac students who are the embodiment of those qualities Father Wood instilled in his students.
Bequests are respectfully recognized and valued. Please contact us at 518-686-7331 or email@example.com. A donor may
- Your Will - Naming Hoosac in your will is a splendid way to make a substantial contribution that may not have been possible in your lifetime.
- A Living Trust - Establish a trust in Hoosac's name and receive income from that trust until you are deceased, at which point Hoosac would receive the principle.
- Life Insurance - Donate a life insurance policy to Hoosac and take a tax deduction for the current value of the policy. The school will eventually receive the proceeds. Meanwhile, your premium payments may qualify as charitable contributions.
- Wotkyns Society - This society is named after Dana B.
Wotkyns'19 whose bequest to Hoosac School in 1989 launched the construction of the Harry Dickie Sports Complex. The school expresses grateful appreciation to those who have supported its mission in their estate plans with a bequest or other planned gift by forever recognizing its members.
Provide your stockbroker or financial advisor with the following basic information:
to:Hoosac School, P.O. Box 9, Pine Valley Road, Hoosick, NY 12089
- For the amount of: __________
Please contact Kathy Weaver, Hoosac School Business Manager at (518) 686-7331 for details.
Gifts of securities are dated on the day they are received in the Hoosac School account at Wells Fargo, Broker A. King Francis, phone 413-499-1500. Include your broker's name and your name when transferring securities. Then, send Hoosac the certificates with a letter informing us of what you are transferring and the approximate value. In most cases, an outright gift of appreciated securities entitles the donor to make an income tax charitable deduction for the fair market value and, if these shares have been held for at least one year,
A donor may contribute various types of real property to Hoosac School, including a primary residence, vacation home, farm, commercial building, subdivision lots, undeveloped property, or a fractional interest in
Seeded by Trustee William W. Parshall II '59 in memory of his wife, Ann Gray Parshall, this fund is designed to underwrite a lecture series, enabling the school to invite eminent guest speakers and performers in a variety of fields. Ann was a trustee and the mother of Marbie Parshall Tarburton, class of '88.
Endowment funds help ensure a school's future. This is investment capital set aside to protect the school during times of economic instability; only the interest can be used.
- General Endowment Fund: The proceeds from this fund supports ongoing operations or other specified purposes.
WotkynsSociety bequests are designated to the endowment fund.
- Endowment Projects: If you wish to participate in an endowment project, Please contact the Headmaster at 518-686-7331 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scholarship Endowments: To contribute to a scholarship fund, contact Hoosac School.